Health and Safety Obligations
Vera Street Community Garden Inc’s obligation to you regarding Health and Safety
The Committee members at Vera Street Community Garden have the obligation to:
- minimise the risk of illness or injury to everyone coming onto the site to work
- make sure there is appropriate, safe access to and from the site for visitors.
Your obligation regarding health and safety as a ‘worker’
By law, you must:
- comply with the instructions given for health and safety by Vera Street Community Garden Inc
- use personal protective equipment, if it is supplied and your are instructed in its use
- not wilfully or recklessly interfere with, or misuse anything provided for health and safety on site
- not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any person at the site
- not wilfully injure yourself.
The following codes of practice apply to Vera Street Community Garden
- Risk Management Code of Practice 2007
- Manual Tasks Code of Practice 2000
- Hazardous Substances Code of Practice 2003